Saturday, August 29, 2009

the end of my story

I got a phone call yesterday from someone I have known for 45 years. She said I should knock it off with my story and start living in the present. OK I will. I am sitting in the living room with my laptop watching Ted Kennedy's funeral. I just found the blog of the person I was most involved with when I was in the anti-psychiarty movement. She lives in Boston and is in hospice care and is blogging about being in hospice. She has COPD.

She recently had her own funeral. I thought that was an interesting approach. Have your funeral first and then die later. I wonder if she gave her own eulogy. I think about dying sometimes. I have always thought that I will die when I am 83. I will be very surprised if I die before that. I have thought this since having the spiritual experiences I had in the early 70s which I cannot tell you about because they are "my story". Blah, blah, blah about my story. I know it is only a story and I know "my story" is the problem and I need to let it go but everyone has a story and not many people think for a moment that it is a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment